Kick back, relax and talk about anything in particular here. Tentacles.

Re: Forum game: Cool facts

Postby smr » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:32 pm

I'm personally ok that this wasn't adopted. The rumble pack isn't designed for that and you'd just wear out the connectors. The fact that I can make such a practically minded argument about it suggests to me that it wouldn't be that much fun.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Postby Iakobus1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 am

smr wrote:The fact that I can make such a practically minded argument about it suggests to me that it wouldn't be that much fun.

This
Most Deadly
Mostly Harmless
Iakobus1
KHAAAAAAN!

Highscores: 8

Postby Starky » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:34 am

It would have been pretty challenging. Yeah, it would have worn out quickly, but the game would be a little bit harder if you had to go through a motion like reloading rather than just stabbing B whenever you stop firing for second.

Goldeneye though. Incredible.
Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

True, but we sadly don't have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Brainwave: we should have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Spoiler: show
Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Highscores: 6

Postby Starky » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 am

The Queen is descended from the Prophet Muhammad.

(jury's probably out on that one)
Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Postby smr » Sat May 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Bank Charter Act 1844 — c32, 7&8 Vict. (!)
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/184 ... 032_en.pdf

Bank Notes (Scotland) Act 1845 — c38, 7&8 Vict.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/184 ... 038_en.pdf

These two acts are the statutes that mean we have three (and only three) private issuing banks in Scotland — Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of Scotland and Clydesdale Bank. It's also the legislation that means that all of their banknotes must be backed by Bank of England currency. That's why, if one of those banks wants to print bank notes that exceed their reserves in 1845, they have to back it with literal banknotes from the Bank of England — which today is done with A4 and A5 sized £1,000,000 and £100,000,000 notes.

They were repealed in 2009 by the Banking Act 2009 which added additional obligations on Scottish and Northern Irish issuing banks to hold assets to back their bank notes.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/200 ... 001_en.pdf
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Postby Starky » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:39 am

Ban Ki-Moon is one of the pictures shown at the top right of the Wikipedia article on men.
Iakobus1 wrote:

Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Postby Starky » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:43 pm

The Scotsman newspaper is 200 years old today.
Iakobus1 wrote:

Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Previous
Forum Statistics