Discussion on various video games , consoles or Adam's flaccid, embarrassingly fatuous erectile tissue here. Stories specific to pwning n00bs in games etc. should also be placed here.

Re: The Minecraft thread

Postby Hamwise » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:34 am

http://aws.amazon.com/free/

This is still going, guys. Just thought I might put that out there.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise
Michael Lai's Undigested Cookie

Postby smr » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:57 am

Mine has expired, just to date how long we've had Minecraft for.

Still a great thing. You do need new billing details so it's a fairly intensive thing to get multiples of but it's a great offer.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Postby Hamwise » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:27 am

Yeah, I got that email. I'm sure we can just create a new Amazon account and set one up. I wonder if the allocated CPU resources have been increased since we obtained our first instance.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise

Postby Hamwise » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:59 am

I've recently moved into a new place which is owned by, and lived in, by a control systems engineer (which is fortunate for an electrician aspiring to work with control systems..), and he's a major hoarder of electronics. He owns dozens, perhaps two dozen workstations and servers which he's taken from work, as scrap, to re-purpose as and when necessary. They're quite old, but a couple are equipped with two Intel Xeon processors. He says I'm free to take them and use them if I wish.

With unlimited internet and a 15-port CAT6 patch panel and a 1GHz LAN switch, which he installed primarily for streaming ultra-HD movies, this could be a good platform for serving just about anything, including Minecraft.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

Hamwise

Postby Hamwise » Sat May 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Just played the latest dev build of Minecraft. I've discovered that horses and donkeys exist, so I've spent the past half an hour riding around on a donkey (with a chest mounted on its back) shooting at mobs with a bow and arrow.

Also, you can make a staircase out of pigs.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

Hamwise

Postby smr » Sat May 11, 2013 1:06 pm

You can also sneak up on and loot donkeys. It's a thing.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Previous
Forum Statistics