This is the forum for music, TV, film and suchlike. Private forms of entertainment are to be taken to random, or just not posted.

Re: Cooking/baking

Postby Starky » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:41 pm

- Confirmation?
- You betcha
- Sweet mother. It's time to hit back. Nasi goreng recipe. Make it happen.
- Yessir
Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

True, but we sadly don't have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Brainwave: we should have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Spoiler: show
Starky
Jeremy Kyle's Illegitimate Son, Soon To Be Emasculated On His Show

Highscores: 6

Postby Starky » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Starky

Postby Starky » Thu May 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Flapjacks

This is a recipe that I've found to give quite good and consistent results. The quantities are a bit vague because we all have our own preferences.

ingredients

c.150 unsalted butter
c.150g brown sugar, preferably fairly small granules
500g oats
handful of dried fruit (berries of some sort probably)

method

1. Preheat oven to about 180ish.
2. Cut your butter into cubes or rectangles and wang it into a frying pan to melt. Once melted, add the sugar and stir well until it's mixed and melted. Try not to boil it.
3. Mix your oats and the butter-sugar mixture together with a handful of e.g. dried cranberries in a big mixing bowl.
4. Once well mixed, transfer to a fairly deep baking bowl or dish (i.e. deeper than a tray), distribute mixture evenly and smooth the top off a bit.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes on 180ish or until you see the top just slightly brown.
6. Pull out of the oven and leave to cool. Once set, cut into cubes or rectangles with a sharp knife.

These are really good and also very easy to make, plus there's many different options you can use - try replacing some of the sugar with golden syrup or honey. You can also use sultanas instead of berries. Sliced dates and fancy cloudy honey would be a unique Cypriot twist that I've yet to attempt.
Iakobus1 wrote:

Starky

Postby Starky » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:07 am

http://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/food/a ... -your-own/

homemade square sausage: I must try this
Iakobus1 wrote:

Starky

Previous
Forum Statistics