Discussion on various video games , consoles or Adam's flaccid, embarrassingly fatuous erectile tissue here. Stories specific to pwning n00bs in games etc. should also be placed here.

Re: The Minecraft thread

Postby Hamwise » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Actually yeah, Superflat maps are perhaps the only occasion where I would generate structures. It just becomes a completely different game.

I wonder if hosting a Superflat map would be so much less tasking on a server, giving that there's nothing really going on.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise
Michael Lai's Undigested Cookie

Postby smr » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Below is the business end of a mob grinder post release. It's actually much more subtle than the old big box high in the air from Beta. You have to find a dungeon and convert it into a skeleton generator, you then have to convince it to never stop pumping out skeletons. You then soften up the skeletons so that one punch will kill them and you present them en masse to the player for lots of XP.

2012-03-26_00.04.56.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Postby Hamwise » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:18 am

http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/03/2 ... um=twitter

This is just getting ridiculous. I'm not sure what intimidates me most - the intellect of the kid who built this, or the amount of free time he clearly had to develop it.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise

Postby smr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 am

I feel ashamed of humanity reading those Slashdot comments. They're scathing and jealous.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:12 pm

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Hamwise » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 pm

It looks like one group of chickens are leaking from the mega-chicken's nose, while the other group is being sucked up through (ostensibly) the other nostril.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

Hamwise

Postby Hamwise » Wed May 23, 2012 11:26 pm

http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/05/2 ... um=twitter

As a commenter noted; when does Minecraft turn from a neat way to manually construct circuitry, APU's and basic programs, to being a god-awful IDE platform?
#MakeBMGreatAgain

Hamwise

Postby smr » Wed May 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Trading with NPCs is now a thing in Minecraft

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Hamwise » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 pm

http://www.shapeways.com/model/456907/c ... fault.html

That's a bracelet made out of 3D-printed Minecraft shapes.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

Hamwise

Postby smr » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:39 pm

That company will also print out any Minecraft model you send to them, an expensive but cool service.

and printed out:

smr
Suitably heroic

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics