Discussion on various video games , consoles or Adam's flaccid, embarrassingly fatuous erectile tissue here. Stories specific to pwning n00bs in games etc. should also be placed here.

Re: The Minecraft thread

Postby smr » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:25 pm

I took a wander through the mine craft wiki yesterday and apparently they've added a ton of stuff. I hardly recognise quite big chunks of it. You can now win Minecraft and everything.

I played minecraft before there were enchanting tables.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Postby Hamwise » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 pm

There's an Ender Dragon (I believe killing it is tantamount to winning the game), spells, potions, cats, an awesome jungle biome, massively increased map height, wooden doors are now capable of being destroyed by zombies.. Way too much to keep track of. The version history page of the Wiki is now a solid counterpart to the Recipes page in its usefulness.

Even Endermen are still a bit of a mystery to me. A lot has changed since we last played routinely, which really wasn't that long ago.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise
Michael Lai's Undigested Cookie

Postby smr » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:15 pm

I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Hamwise » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Mooshrooms can be milked with a bucket as well, but also can be "milked" with an empty bowl to obtain a bowl of mushroom stew.

Holy hell, that's incredible. Mushroom stew is an awesome brew for recovery. These should be reared in vast numbers.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise

Postby Iakobus1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 am

Hamwise wrote:
Mooshrooms can be milked with a bucket as well, but also can be "milked" with an empty bowl to obtain a bowl of mushroom stew.

Holy hell, that's incredible. Mushroom stew is an awesome brew for recovery. These should be reared in vast numbers.

Shitting hell guys, this is momentous.

Maybe we should feed some mushroom stew to the economy.
Most Deadly
Mostly Harmless
Iakobus1
KHAAAAAAN!

Highscores: 8

Postby smr » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:31 am

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Hamwise » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:34 am

What the CUNT is going on there? Did it do anything? What was achieved?
#MakeBMGreatAgain

Hamwise

Postby smr » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:15 pm

To be honest, I like it just because it's completely badass but the bookshelves it moves in and out of position actually enhance the block in the middle (an Enchantment Table). There's a potential bonus of up to +50 if you put 30 bookshelves around it. More levels make better items.

However, you pay for enchantments using experience and a level 50 enchantment will cost you 4625 experience, which would involve killing 925 zombies so there's a reason you might not want to (or can't) max out the table every time.

Seriously, I was playing some last night and it's practically a completely different game now. I'm living in an NPC village instead of building a house now.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Hamwise » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Nah, still don't get it. I won't use it. I even refuse to generate structures in my maps. They call me a luddite.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

Hamwise

Postby smr » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:54 am

I dunno, generate structures has a lot of potential. There's a new map mode designed for Creative (super flat) which, if you try and play it in survival, becomes a task of running between villages looking for stuff.

The Nether is unaffected by the Superflat world type, generating normally if visited from a Superflat Overworld, although the players' portal in the nether would spawn very close to the bottom bedrock. Visiting the Nether is normally extremely hard, as you would need to get a bucket (possibly from a village chest) and take water from a well and pour it on the lava in multiple blacksmiths (Obsidian blocks can also be found in the blacksmiths chests). Then, you would need to mine it with a diamond pickaxe made from blacksmith chest diamonds and light it with a Flint and Steel made from Flint from the paths and Iron Ingots from blacksmith chests. It is also possible, though extremely rare, for Lightning to light a portal. Alternatively, you could create a portal using a mold made of dirt and lava, placing water on the lava after each step. However, you would have to visit five different forges (which have two lava source blocks each) to obtain the amount of lava necessary for this.

smr
Suitably heroic

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics