Kick back, relax and talk about anything in particular here. Tentacles.

Re: Links Thread

Postby Starky » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:09 am

"Open Access vs. neocolonialism?"

http://www.semantico.com/2013/04/open-a ... nialism-2/

I probably wouldn't mince words here, I'd just say "open access v racism", but still this is a refreshing take on the matter.
Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

True, but we sadly don't have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Brainwave: we should have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Spoiler: show
Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Highscores: 6

Postby Starky » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:59 am

http://virtualsalt.com/rhetoric6.htm#Hyperbaton

From a definition of hyperbaton: "You might want to have a friend check your excursions into hyperbatonic syntax, and if he looks at you askance and says, "My, talk funny you do," you might want to do a little rewriting."
Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Postby smr » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:17 am

"Da Tragedy of Hamlet, boss of Denmark" by Shake-da-boss-pole
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/%22Da_Tragedy_o ... -boss-pole
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Postby Starky » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:10 am

http://www.hexjam.com/uk/careers-educat ... graduating

Parody listicle: "16 simple mistakes to avoid in your first job after graduating"
Iakobus1 wrote:

Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Postby Starky » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:34 am

Iakobus1 wrote:

Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Postby smr » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Education

None
None, None
I did not go to school. Instead, I counted moneys which I found on the floor. I think that is when I decided I wanted to be a 'National Keeper of the Moneys'.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Starky » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Two lads go from Austria to North Korea by train, via Russia

http://vienna-pyongyang.blogspot.com.eg ... ng-12.html

- definitely one of the most unclosable blogs I've seen in a while. Have you even seen that many real pictures of the DPRK in one place before?
Iakobus1 wrote:

Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Postby smr » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:41 pm

if I recall correctly this is the longest regularly scheduled train service in the world. I can't even imagine being on a train that long.

There are proposals from a road connection between Russia and Alaska which in theory means it's possible to drive from Portugal to New York. That sounds like a fun trip.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Starky » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:37 am

The train connection between (south) Korea and Vladivostok that the blogger talks about would be quite something. Given the whole politics thing though I doubt it'll happen.

Even if we can never take a train through North Korea, we still have the West Highland line, which also features great scenery. Fort William/Pyongyang, both fascinating hermit backwaters.
Iakobus1 wrote:

Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Postby Starky » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:24 am

http://f.eed.bz/11-ways-media-are-exactly-like-sharks/

11 Ways Media are Exactly Like Sharks
Iakobus1 wrote:

Starky
Confirmed Fertile

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics