Kick back, relax and talk about anything in particular here. Tentacles.

Re: Forum game: Cool facts

Postby smr » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Awesomely cool fact.

It's refreshing just seeing a library that's not just putting wall to wall computers these days, really.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Postby smr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Iowa Code §50.44 wrote:If more than the requisite number of persons, including presidential electors, are found to have an equal and the highest number of votes, the election of one of them shall be determined by lot.  The name of each of such candidates shall be written on separate pieces of paper, as nearly uniform in size and material as possible, and placed in a receptacle so that the names cannot be seen.  In the presence of the board of canvassers, one of them shall publicly draw one of such names, and such person shall be declared elected. The result of such drawing shall be entered upon the abstract of votes and duly recorded, and a certificate of election issued to such person, as provided in this chapter .

The statutorily defined process for picking a presidential election winner in Iowa is to pick the name out of a hat if the votes are tied.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Hamwise » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:40 am

Here in New Zealand, you can go to Pizza Hut and get a Large Classic pizza for less than the price of the cheapest frozen pizza in the cheapest supermarket.

I'm not sure which fact shocks me most - the fact that it's so cheap to get a pizza of relatively good taste made for you (less than 2.50 GBP), or the fact that supermarket prices are as high as they are here.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise
Michael Lai's Undigested Cookie

Postby smr » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Pizza Hut here is running an insanely ballsy all-you-can-fit-in-this-box-for-a-tenner deal.

I heard about this from a student whose eyes were shining at the prospect.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:27 am

http://toolserver.org/%7Eerwin85/randomarticle.php?lang=en&family=wikipedia&categories=Featured+articles

Make this your homepage and you get a random Wikipedia featured article every time you open your browser

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 am

A Raspberry Pi rolls off the production line every seven and a half seconds, meaning they're on track to build a million a year.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:40 pm

It is impossible to write 9.95 in bits. The closest you can get (using 64 bits) is 9.949999999999999289457264239899814128875732421875

Therefore, you'll sometimes see programs round 9.95 to 9.9 as the nearest single decimal figure.

This happens for lots of floating point numbers and the standard way to get them into a computer is to approximate.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 am

I am taller than Charizard.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Hamwise » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Alan is taller than Charizard.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise

Postby Hamwise » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:39 am

N64 Goldeneye was originally intended to see the player remove and re-insert the rumble pack in order to reload their weapon. Doesn't excite a non-initiated man like myself much, but may cause others here to orgasm spontaneously.

Also, the ROM of Goldeneye is only 12MB in size. 12MB!! MS Office shits .docx files that are bigger than that.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

Hamwise

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics