Kick back, relax and talk about anything in particular here. Tentacles.

Re: Forum game: Cool facts

Postby Hamwise » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Like a boss.

likeaboss.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise
Michael Lai's Undigested Cookie

Postby smr » Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Wetherspoons has a breakfast menu. Booyah
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Postby smr » Sat May 05, 2012 6:21 pm

zwaffelen: physically tapping a person with your penis to initiate sex.

The Dutch have a word for everything.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Hamwise » Mon May 07, 2012 11:53 pm

There is a dead variant of Afrikaans known as Arabic-Afrikaans:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_Afrikaans

I bet those guys must have had Google Translate back in the 19th century, eh Starky?

Pretty awesome though. Check this little nugget of conflation out:

Iek bagent diesie kitab meated Allah (ta'ala) sain naam. Allah (ta'ala) es rizq giefar ien dunya fer al wat liefandag ies. Allah (ta'ala) es beriengar ien die gannat ien dag ahirat fer al die miesie an djinns wat oewhap iman gadoet het. Al die dank an parais es rieg fer Allah (ta'ala) alien. Allah (ta'ala) het gagief fer oewhans islam sain agama. Islam sain agama oek waas gawies fantefoewhar Ibrahim sain agama... An Allah (ta'ala) het gamaak die Qur'an rasulullah sain hadit fer seker dalil fer oewhans... An Allah (ta'ala) het galaat oewhans wiet die riegtie wieg fan die ilms an gahelp fer oewhans oewham ta lier ander miesie oewhap die riegtie manierie.

Most of those words are Afrikaans at least in origin, but deviate radically from standard Afrikaans.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise

Postby Starky » Tue May 08, 2012 1:20 am

I'm not sure what you point is here, Gooderham, this is a paragraph Afrikaans words (of some sort) with specifically Qur'anic Arabic technical terms included to describe Islamic theological-philosophic concepts. Rather than your Google Translate efforts of nonsensical strings of Arabic words. Muslims talking about Islam in English aren't speaking 'Arabic-English'.
Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

True, but we sadly don't have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Brainwave: we should have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Spoiler: show
Starky
Jeremy Kyle's Illegitimate Son, Soon To Be Emasculated On His Show

Highscores: 6

Postby Hamwise » Tue May 08, 2012 9:12 am

The Afrikaans has been so perverted that even Lana doesn't know what's being said. By comparison, she can quite happily understand most written Dutch and Flemish.

This isn't even a creole or pidgin of Afrikaans and Arabic - it's like some mullah has tried to develop his own Afrikaans-influenced vocabulary. Which I find fascinating, and would be a slap in the face to Boers fanatical about 'suiwer Christen Afrikaans'. I wonder if it was ever actually spoken, or just written.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

Hamwise

Postby Starky » Tue May 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Given the available evidence, the best conclusion is that it's Muslims who don't know the Latin alphabet writing non-standard Afrikaans poorly.
Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

True, but we sadly don't have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Brainwave: we should have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Spoiler: show
Starky
Jeremy Kyle's Illegitimate Son, Soon To Be Emasculated On His Show

Highscores: 6

Postby smr » Wed May 09, 2012 7:27 pm

The 404th XKCD comic cannot be found.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Fri May 11, 2012 3:44 pm

The current working theory on the history of clockwork is that it was invented in third century BC Syracuse, moved east with the fall of Greece and Rome, then brought to Spain by Islamic invaders / traders and that's how we have clockwork today.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Sun May 13, 2012 11:02 pm

There are 5.9 calories in a stamp.

smr
Suitably heroic

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics