Kick back, relax and talk about anything in particular here. Tentacles.

Re: Forum game: Cool facts

Postby Starky » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:55 am

It's difficult not to be annoyed at the style and content of that article, in my humble opinion.

Happily, though, mawbags and Grahh-omm chose to include handfasting. Which is practically the least humanist ritual one might imagine. It was great to tie a knot round their hands and support ancient tradition, the 'celebrant' looking on in abject rage.

That said, please do not have a humanist wedding, it only encourages these fools to destroy our society and culture by making socially unacceptable 'laws' and increasing taxes on normal things like foreign books, sports equipment, Scotch whisky and tobacco.

obv. Inb4 'I hate Scotland! etcetcetc'. Also, not 100% serious verbatim although having serious ultimate point issue etc.
Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

True, but we sadly don't have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Brainwave: we should have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Spoiler: show
Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Highscores: 6

Postby smr » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Oh yeah, it's a Guardian article on humanism. The poor thing never had a chance. I definitely think that celebrant is chancing his arm when he says so many people are opting for humanist ceremonies because they've grown out of religion.

I think handfasting is a good tradition. It's basically a ceremonially extended handshake meaning roughly similar things.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Postby smr » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:28 am

Usain Bolt runs the first 10 metres of the 100 metres faster than the 10m dive.

Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 01.55.59.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Iakobus1 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 am

smr wrote:Usain Bolt runs the first 10 metres of the 100 metres faster than the 10m dive.

:shock:
Most Deadly
Mostly Harmless
Iakobus1
KHAAAAAAN!

Highscores: 8

Postby EMM » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:50 am

Sure that can not be right. The man's faster than gravity???
Don't be frightened little Magikarp we all like a good steak here, and not a flailing splashing useless malformed pre-Gyarados shitebag.
HOW CAN YOU HAVE YOUR PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?
EMM
Woll Smoth

Highscores: 1

Postby smr » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:20 am

It's a close thing. If you simply drop straight off the edge of the 10m board you'll hit the water first but when you dive you launch upwards off the board and that's enough of a difference for Usain Bolt to beat you.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Pepsi had to cancel a public contest to name a new version of Mountain Dew after "Hitler did nothing wrong" won the vote.

It was 4chan, guys.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:12 pm

The Sale of Goods Act implied terms are sometimes collectively known as your "SAD FART rights"

sadfart3.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:44 am

In counting, every base is base 10... when written in that base.

Except base 1.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:14 pm

When he was in Paris, James Joyce would provoke fights with strangers and then shout "Deal with him, Hemingway!"

smr
Suitably heroic

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics