Kick back, relax and talk about anything in particular here. Tentacles.

Re: Forum game: Grim facts

Postby Hamwise » Fri May 18, 2012 6:03 pm

No no, spent. Now it spends nothing, relying solely on free Facebook Groups pages.

Which probably makes a lot of sense. Buying a new car isn't a decision you'd likely make as a result of clicking on a FB ad.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise
Michael Lai's Undigested Cookie

Postby smr » Fri May 18, 2012 6:24 pm

No no, spent. Now it spends nothing, relying solely on free Facebook Groups pages.

Oh no, they used to spend $40 million, $10 million of which went on FB click advertising. That's now stopped. They still spend $30 million on the Facebook pages.

Just how they manage that I have absolutely no idea.
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

"Dive Source SCUBA Watersports" Did you mean, Dinosaurs School for Watersports?

No. But please take me there, smartphone.

We see this kind of shit in Wales all the time.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Highscores: 2

Postby smr » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:25 pm

It is theorised that email scammers write unconvincing emails because you'd have to be stupid to fall for them. It means they can be sure that the people who reply (and thereby they must expend effort scamming) are particularly vulnerable to scams.

http://www.technolog.msnbc.msn.com/tech ... why-837902
I am either ridiculously impressed with voice recognition or completely baffled.

I like this. I like how you handled this. You could've come right out and been "Some guy cunted that sheep," but you went subtle.
smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Hamwise » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:44 am

Insuring a 1993 Toyota hatchback in the UK will cost a 23 year-old individual such as me £4356.98 per year for third-party cover, with an excess of £250. This is the lowest quote I was able to find on both Confused.com and GoCompare.

Insuring the same vehicle right here in New Zealand... £140 per year. £140. And that's with fire and theft protection, as well as full road breakdown cover for up to three breakdowns a year. Zero excess.

That's why I just bought a 1993 Toyota hatchback. Have fun not driving guys.
#MakeBMGreatAgain

New Zealanders have lapsed "into a lack of passion bordering on inertness". If a New Zealander feels a bout of passion coming on, "he goes and paints a roof". (Gordon McLauchlan)
Hamwise
Michael Lai's Undigested Cookie

Postby Starky » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:07 pm

I just love my beautiful planet too much. That, and the tram.
Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

True, but we sadly don't have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Brainwave: we should have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Spoiler: show
Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Highscores: 6

Postby smr » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:37 pm

The British army has 9,500 troops in Afghanistan.

It has 18,200 at the Olympics.

How many G4S guards does it take to change a lightbulb?

6 soldiers and a policeman

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby smr » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Heroin must be injected and you do it once a day.

smr
Suitably heroic

Postby Iakobus1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:11 am

The thing that caught my attention was that he claimed knowledge of the pharmacodynamics of heroin.
"I dunno how long I could be a vet before I got bored and started shagging stuff."

James: "You shouldn't have any problem getting a place in Camp America."
Eoghan: "Might be setting myself up here - why?"
(pause)
James: "Because you're camp."

"Before you start - I am not a racist: I hate everybody, regardless of other issues. But I especially hate Yankees! - by which I mean anybody from Georgia or further north."
Iakobus1
KHAAAAAAN!

Highscores: 8

Postby Starky » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:42 pm

He's a disgrace. At least I gave you the Roger Talk early on. But such is life, well handled James.
Iakobus1 wrote:
smr wrote:This is a thread I wasn't sure was exactly suitable for the "Sports" forum :P

True, but we sadly don't have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Brainwave: we should have a "Furious Masturbation" forum.

Jose Mourinho wrote:The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem.

Spoiler: show
Starky
Confirmed Fertile

Highscores: 6

Postby smr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Chile's murder rate is roughly comparable with Midsomer, the village in Midsomer Murders.

smr
Suitably heroic

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics